Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's not the gear, it's the person

People say I take good photos because I have a good camera.
This is not the case. It doesn't matter what gear you are using. The most important thing is what is in front of the camera and what is behind it. It is the subject and the shooter. You give me a $10000 camera or a disposable camera, I will produce the best photos I can take.

It is all about your attitude and energy when you take the shot. When you are happy, you take great shots. Always shoot with a cheerful attitude.

As an experiment, take a photo of a subject when you are thinking about stuff that makes you happy and smile. Mark those as the positive set. Next, take photos thinking about stuff that makes you sad and angry. Mark those as the negative set.

Examine both sets of photos. You will see the difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment